- Who We Are
- What We Do
Gabriel’s professional experience covers a variety of legal, consulting and entrepreneurial roles. He has ten years’ experience as a corporate attorney, has worked as a legal consultant with a national management consulting firm, and has started his own business. He frequently writes and consults on legal and business issues related to emerging industries such as cannabis, technology, and golf law.
Mr. Garcia is an experienced corporate, regulatory and tax attorney. In his practice, he counsels a wide variety of corporate clients, providing advice to for-profit and non-profit corporations and business owners, boards of directors, and charitable foundations. Mr. Garcia has more than ten years of experience representing clients ranging from large national corporations to small business owners.
Mr. Garcia is co-leader of the firm’s Cannabis Law practice group, a subspecialty tailored to clients in the cannabis and medical marijuana industry. The practice leverages the firm’s renowned state-wide practice assisting regulated industries such as healthcare, banking, beverage and food manufacturing, and agriculture. The Cannabis Law practice is also leading an effort to assemble industry leaders to explore and support policies that will lead to a sustainable and successful California cannabis market.
Prior to joining Kronick, Mr. Garcia’s served as in-house commercial counsel for Abbott Laboratories, Inc., where he handled all commercial contracting matters related to the Abbott Vascular’s national medical device business. He has served as legal consultant for BDC Advisors, LLC, a leading health care consulting firm specializing in strategic planning, integrated delivery systems, and market transformation consulting support.
Additionally, prior to entering private practice, Mr. Garcia served as an attorney advisor to the United States Tax Court (Chambers of Judge Maurice B. Foley) for two years where he drafted federal tax case law, wrote and edited United States Tax Court opinions, and supervised all aspects of federal tax cases.
Mr. Garcia is fluent in Spanish.
- Secured HUD loan approval for long term senior care facility of faith-based assisted living communities.
- Provided corporate governance advice for multi-tiered client restructuring its board of directors.
- Corporate organization activities for venture-backed food and beverage companies.
- Provided corporate structuring and strategy to California-based cannabis collective seeking to expand operations in light of new state legislation.
- “Viva el golf: Augusta National’s Unlikely Partnership with Latinos,” The Grain Magazine (April 2015)
- “What To Do If You Are Selected for an IRS Tax Audit,” Sacramento Hispanic Magazine (Jan/Feb 2006)
- Speaker, "Full Steam Ahead: Creating a Legal Environment to Allow Your Business to Thrive," Roseville Chamber of Commerce, January 2016
- Speaker, "Beginning Business Legal Structures and Considerations," Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, October 2015
- Speaker, "Water Crisis: Strategies to Thrive," Golf Inc. Strategies Summit, September 2015
Professional Activities & Affiliations
Mr. Garcia is a golf enthusiast and a contributing editor of The A Position Golf Media Network. His other professional activities & affiliations include:
- Member, California State Bar and Florida State Bar
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, United States Tax Court Bar
- Member, National Cannabis Bar Association
- Founder and President, Gaucho Garcia LLC
- Top Lawyers, Sacramento Magazine, 2016
LL.M., Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center, 2005
- Dean’s List and Graduate Tax Scholar
- Runner-up, Tannenwald Tax Writing Competition
J.D. University of California, Berkeley, 2004
- Summer Aboard Program in Int’l Tax, Int’l Business and EU Legal Systems, William & Mary School of Law, Madrid Spain, 2003
- Recipient, Prosser Award, Second Highest Exam, “Techniques of Financial Analysis”
- Executive Editor, Berkeley Business Law Journal
- Oral Advocate, Jessup Int’l Moot Court Competition
B.A. University of California, Berkeley, 2001
- Chairperson, UC Berkeley Model United Nations
- Member, California Pre-Law Association