- Who We Are
- Our Team
- What We Do
Constantine C. Baranoff
For the entirety of his 15 year legal career, Mr. Baranoff has represented municipal clients, including cities, special districts, school districts and other local government entities, in public finance/bond counsel work and public work facility and construction matters. He helped to form the state's most recent infrastructure financing district, the Bridge District Infrastructure Financing District ("IFD") in the City of West Sacramento. He also focuses on bond counsel work and Mello-Roos community facilities district formations, as well as advises various public agencies regarding EIFD formation and bond issuance. Mr. Baranoff is an experienced negotiator and routinely negotiates multi-million dollar construction, architect and consultant contracts on behalf of school district clients, as well as cities and counties represented by our firm.
- Formation of Mello-Roos community facilities districts
- Formation of Infrastructure Financing Districts (IFDs) and Enhanced Infrastructure Financing Districts (EIFDs)
- Bond counsel and disclosure counsel for general obligation bonds, Mello-Roos and other public finance transactions
- Negotiation of property transactions involving public/private partnerships
- Negotiation of construction contracts and general facility/construction advice
- Bond Counsel to the City of West Sacramento to form the Bridge District Infrastructure Financing District ("IFD").
- Bond Counsel to the City of West Sacramento in all public finance matters including the formation of numerous Mello-Roos community facilities districts.
- Special Counsel to the City of West Sacramento in the formation of its Bridge District Infrastructure Financing District.
- Counsel in successful property acquisition involving a 55 acre portion of Agnews Developmental Center by Santa Clara Unified School District.
- Recently negotiated multi-million dollar construction contracts on behalf of several area school districts, including projects delivered pursuant to Education Code § 17406.
Professional Activities & Affiliations
Mr. Baranoff actively educates the state about EIFDs through speaking at numerous conferences and publishing articles. Additionally, he is a frequent speaker on school facilities and public finance topics and is involved in several statewide organizations affiliated with public schools. His other professional activities and affiliations include:
- Member, Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Technical Committee, California Association for Local Economic Development (CALED)
- Member, Brownfields and Land Revitalization Committee, California Association for Local Economic Development (CALED)
- Member, Roundtable Advisory Committee, Council of Development Finance Agencies
- Member, Executive Board, Californians for School Facilities
- Member, Steering Committee for 2016 State School Bond, California’s Coalition for Adequate School Housing
- Member, California State Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma
- Sacramento Magazine, Top Lawyer 2016
- Author, “Development law will help meet skyrocketing need for housing,” Daily Journal, July 5, 2016
- Co-author, Local Agency Investment Guidelines: Update for 2016 (LAIG), California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission
J.D. University of California, Davis, 2000
B.S. University of San Francisco, 1997