- Who We Are
- Our Team
- What We Do
Benefits & Compensation
Being rewarded for your work and knowing your family’s health and financial well-being are taken care of is vital to having a productive and satisfying career. That’s why we keep ahead of the curve by offering competitive salaries and a full complement of benefits. We also go a step further by putting together options and programs that fit the different choices and lifestyles of our employees and help bring balance to your life.
- Medical Benefit: We provide HMO and PPO plans with varying levels of coverage and services for employees and their dependents.
- Dental Benefit: We offer two dental plans with varying levels of coverage.
- Vision Benefit: We offer an optional vision plan with varying levels of coverage.
- Basic Life Insurance: We contribute to a basic life insurance policy of $50,000 for all employees.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: We offer an optional term life insurance policy to employees wanting more coverage at an affordable price. This policy provides coverage for up to five times an employee’s annual salary.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: We offer optional flexible spending accounts for dependent care and medical reimbursement. Employees using these types of accounts can set aside pre-tax dollars for out-of-pocket expenses that may occur throughout the year.
- Short Term and Long Term Disability: We offer additional short and long term disability insurance that works in conjunction with the state of California’s disability program. This insurance covers a percentage of an employee’s pre-disability income in case they are injured and unable to work.
- 401(k) Savings Plan: We offer a 401(k) plan to all employees. Associate attorneys are eligible the first year of hire; all other employees are eligible after one year of employment and 1,000 work hours.
- Profit Sharing: We offer a profit-sharing plan to all shareholders and eligible staff in the firm.
- Training and Career Development: We provide reimbursement of training and career development opportunities for attorneys and staff who want to enhance their skills and knowledge base. These opportunities include computer skills training, specialty training and any other seminars and training related to an employee’s scope of work. For new associates, we also provide reimbursement of bar review course fees, bar association dues and continuing legal education.
- Paid Time Off: We provide paid time off (PTO) based on length of employment and position. Attorneys and exempt managers accrue 23 days of PTO per year for the first 5 years; 28 days between years 6 and 20; and 31 days for years 20+. All other employees accrue 17 days of PTO per year for the first 5 years; 23 days between years 6 and 10; 28 days between years 11 and 20; and 31 days for years 20+. The PTO cap is 250 hours.
- Paid Holidays: We provide 10 paid holidays per year.
- Catastrophic Illness Bank: We provide 5 days a year towards an employee's Catastrophic Illness Bank, under the condition that the employee is employed on December 31st of that year to receive the contribution. Catastrophic Illness Leave becomes available on the 6th day of illness, after all PTO is exhausted.
- Bereavement Leave: We provide paid time off in the event of a death in the immediate family.
- Family and Medical Leave of Absence: We provide a number of different types of leaves of absence to address employees’ individual needs.
- Health and Wellness Program: We offer an expansive health and wellness program for employees.
- Support Staff Anniversary Recognition Program: After three years of employment, support staff employees are recognized with an anniversary stipend.
- Employee Assistance Program: All employees and dependents are enrolled in an Employee Assistance Program offering confidential counseling for a broad range of needs.
We care about you and appreciate that people have different lifestyles, including health and fitness levels and family and financial obligations. We also know that maintaining balance isn’t always an easy task. To help you, we’ve designed a program that offers a variety of services and support, tailored to meet your physical, financial and emotional well-being needs.
- In-house Seminars and Classes: Includes a variety of topics such as investing and saving, stress reduction techniques, nutrition and dietary measures, exercise programs and CPR and First Aid.
- Annual Health Fair: Includes health assessments and free screenings for blood pressure, cholesterol, osteoporosis and fitness level.
- Onsite Gym: Free access to a clean and well-maintained onsite gym with weights, cycles, treadmills and other fitness equipment, as well as outdoor pool, showers and lockers.