- Who We Are
- Our Team
- What We Do
We emphasize preventative strategies to address issues before they become disputes.
KMTG education law attorneys are eminent in the field of special education, and can successfully help you navigate the ever-changing regulations that govern the delivery of educational services to students with special needs. Our attorneys work closely with clients in advising them of their responsibilities in developing and implementing education programs for disabled students. We are committed to keeping clients abreast of changes and trends in the law through timely published Legal Alerts, seminars and workshops.
Our attorneys are skilled negotiators and litigators, having handled hundreds of special education matters, including requests for due process through mediation and representation at administrative hearings and court proceedings. We have a proven track record of success in defending clients in due process hearings and in the defense of appeals to the federal district court. Our litigators work together with our special education attorneys in a team approach from beginning to end, all to maximize the potential for a cost-effective win for our clients.
Please see our Education practice for further information and additional services we provide to our clients.
Our Scope of Services
- Compliance with State and federal laws applicable to disabled students, including IDEA, Section 504 and ADA
- Program, placement and services for students with disabilities
- Representation at mediations, due process hearings and appeals
- Representation at Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings
- Student disciplinary actions and expulsions
- Discrimination complaint procedures