- Who We Are
- Our Team
- What We Do
Labor and Employment Law
How can employers best avoid costly litigation and maintain a positive, productive workplace?
KMTG works closely with its employment law clients to implement comprehensive policies and practices that help them avert potential employee relations problems along with the distractions and discontent that these problems often cause. We have developed highly effective tools for our clients such as employee handbooks, employee training sessions, and troubleshooting efforts that raise awareness, deter improprieties, and evidence employer preparedness. Should a specific issue arise, we defend our clients vigorously before public oversight agencies and, when necessary, in the courts. While we are highly proficient and cost-effective litigators, we know that it is in helping our clients avoid litigation in the first place that we render them the greatest service.
Our dedication to helping employers and management maintain smoothly running workplaces extends to our work in labor law as well. KMTG's skilled negotiators efficiently help management arrive at favorable collective bargaining agreements and resolve a number of other labor-related issues.
Our Scope of Services
- Preventive counseling and training for employers
- Compliance with state and federal laws governing employment
- Employee handbook preparation, analysis, and interpretation
- Personnel policy and procedures
- Employment contracts and arbitration agreements
- Employee complaints and grievances
- Wrongful termination
- Investigation of discrimination and harassment claims
- Benefits, salary, wage and hour issues
- Non-competition agreements
- Trade secrets
- Workplace violence
- Litigation defense involving discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment, whistle-blowing and wrongful termination
- Labor relations and collective bargaining
- Unfair labor practices
- Labor disputes and strikes