- Who We Are
- Our Team
- What We Do
What sets KMTG apart from other firms with an education law practice?
KMTG education law attorneys combine practical experience with knowledgeable legal representation. Our attorneys come from varied backgrounds, having served in roles such as deputy county counsel, superintendent of schools, advisor to the California Department of Education, school board member and teacher. This "other-side" experience, combined with our legal knowledge and our passion for education, give our attorneys a unique practical insight into the legal complexities and financial challenges of the education environment.
Schools are challenged more than ever to provide top-notch public education with fewer resources. We understand this and, as your partner, we work closely with you to provide timely, cost-efficient solutions. Currently we represent small and large urban school districts, county offices of education, special education local plan areas and community college districts throughout the State in every aspect of law impacting K-12 and higher education. Our attorneys provide advice, counseling, training, litigation defense and negotiation services on hundreds of matters.
Our Scope of Services
- District governance and matters of compliance – The Brown Act, requests for public records, elections, ethics and conflicts of interest
- Employment and labor
- Employee handbook preparation and interpretation
- Labor relations and collective bargaining
- Employee discipline
- Student rights and discipline
- Pupil suspensions and expulsions
- Public finance – bond counsel, elections and financing
- Real property acquisitions and sales
- School construction and public contract negotiations
- School facilities and operational decision-making
- Environmental reviews and CEQA and NEPA compliance
- Special education
- Charter school development
- Civil and administrative litigation