- Who We Are
- What We Do
Kronick offers a dedicated practice focused on the cannabis industry that provides creative, precise and cost-effective legal counsel. Our firm's experience representing businesses in other heavily-regulated industries, such as healthcare, banking, beverage and food manufacturing, construction, technology solutions and agriculture, as well as its interaction with state lawmakers and regulators, allow our attorneys to help businesses navigate the complex and evolving laws and regulations governing the cannabis industry.
Cannabis-related businesses not only face the same challenges that every business must face, but will also face significant additional hurdles related to the numerous new state and local laws and regulations that have recently or will soon be enacted under the State’s Medical Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act and the Adult Use of Marijuana Act. Kronick attorneys are uniquely situated to help clients navigate this complex area of law. Our attorneys have extensive experience assisting companies of all sizes with every aspect of the business life cycle. These services are now available to cannabis-related clients as well.
Our experience gives us the background to work with cannabis-related businesses and associations to assist in crafting programs to ensure that clients are in full compliance with state and local rules and regulations.
Kronick can assist the cannabis industry in a wide variety of areas, including:
- Corporate (business formation, commercial contracting, and general business advice)
- Labor and employment/human resources (representing employers in negotiating labor peace agreements, conducting employee investigations, ADA, and defending against employee lawsuits)
- Real estate and zoning/land use including obtaining conditional use permits and other approvals
- Water rights, streambed alteration agreements, and other environmental regulatory issues
- State and local licenses and permits (including grow facilities, cultivators, and dispensaries, compliance auditing, and permit complaint, suspension, or revocation proceedings)
- Pesticide, herbicide, and fungicide regulatory compliance
- Private investment and banking
- Federal, state and local taxes
- Intellectual property (including trademarks, copyrights, patent applications and patent litigation)
- Health care law
- Product warnings, labeling, and packaging
- FDA compliance (including food/additive labeling and safety, as well as facility registration)
When it comes to cannabis-related matters, Kronick has an unparalleled capability to assist individuals, investors, businesses, and associations throughout the industry. We understand the complex nature and volatility of the laws and regulations in this area. Our expertise, our broad service offering, and our headquarters in California's capital puts Kronick in a unique position to provide value-added services to clients that few firms can match.